Monday, October 25, 2010

Week 7: New Belgian Brewery


Alright everyone, so we are a little over half a week late with this post, but I mean how much can you really expect from a BEER blog?  Exactly… But no, we as a three had things going on last Thursday and Friday… and well, all weekend, so here we are, on a Monday, with our blog rolling along.  So, this week we tried New Belgium Brewery beers.  While this may be common due to Fat Tire and all, we decided to try three of their not-so-tried beers.  These three were all interesting and all had good flavors (Read the reviews to find the untruth!) I would advise you drink any of these three with a little rock and roll playing in the background to make you a little happier and maybe ignore all the hops that were in two of these beers.  So hey guys, if ya wanna sit down and try one of these, I advise ya throw a record on the turntable and relax while soaking up all the hops.


Ranger      alcohol percentage  6.5%

Nick:  Seemingly fruity, a whole mess a’ hopps. Delicious, I can see myself buying this in the future,  but its not for everyday.

Alex:  Wow! The “hoppiness” of this IPA really kicks you in the mouth when taking the first sip. As I drank the beer, I enjoyed the beer more, but…with this beer, I would rather not have the hops overbear the taste of the pale ale.

Lyle:  Alright, so let me beat a dead horse, as we all know, not a hop person.  By correlation, this really isn’t a good beer for me.  I mean I can see that this would be a good beer, just not for me.  I think this did taste a bit like the Wyld from Four+ and by that it isn’t too bad, but overall, just not for me.



Blue Paddle  alcohol percentage  4.8%

Nick:  pretty good, Super smooth.  I just cant drink this quickly at all, which isn’t necessarily . Much lower alcohol content compared to the others that we drank.  I think that I would probably just buy Fat Tire if I were to buy from the New Belgian Brewery.

Alex: A much more liberal beer in terms of hops. It is very smooth throughout the sip with a good bitter aftertaste that doesn’t take away from the overall taste of this pilsner.

Lyle:  After Ranger this was a delicious change.  I love this beer and if put into more rationing, I would say I like this more than original Fat Tire.  I don’t think that this beer could be drank quickly by any means, but if you drink it slowly and to enjoy, I would easily recommend this to anyone.


Hoptober   alcohol percentage  6%

Nick: This tastes just like the Ranger, just slightly maltier and slightly less bitter.  It must be sipped. 

Alex: Déjà vu! I like this beer, but like Nick and Lyle, it tastes almost the same as Ranger. The only difference between the two is the addition of malt in the Hoptober, which makes it more favorable to the Ranger. This is my second favorite of the three.

Lyle: I hate hopps. Lyle Lyle Lyle Lyle Lyle Lyle Lyle Lyle Lyle Lyle Lyle Lyle Lyle Lyle. Lyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment