Friday, September 24, 2010

Week 3: München


Alright everyone, this is Lyle once again writing the blog and am honored to do so.  This week we are trying German Beers, I believe all of them to be Munich but that could be wrong, I know at least two of the three are.  We tried Spaten, Bitburger and Franziskaner.  These three beers were chosen due to our inability to choose three from the British Isles (our first choice before we went to Munich) and we were surprisingly fine with this since Munich is known for its awesome beers!  So, since we couldn't make it to Oktoberfest.  Now as we sit in this here humble abode that is a dorm room, we try the Legendary German Beers! (sorry if we as Americans don't appreciate all these beers as much as we should!) 

Until next week oh loyal followers of our blog, I hope you enjoyed this insightful view into the minds of a few fraternity boys views on alcohol.  Also.... DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW US!

for more info:
http://www.spatenusa.com
http://www.bitburger.com/
http://www.franziskaner.com



Spaten:       founded 1397      alcohol content: 5.2%

Nick: I really enjoyed this, its a very strong but pleasant hoppy taste. This beer isn't for everyone, it has a strong bitter after taste.
Lyle: I did not enjoy the Spaten, it was too hoppy for my tastes (probably goes along with the fact that I don't like Sam Adams either)  I would not recommend this beer to many people, and it does have a very strong aftertaste, it is quite bitter in nature and I just would not buy this at any other point. 
Alex: Very hoppy beer with a bitter aftertaste. I do not recommend this, it was hard to get through the beer.

Bitburger:     Pilsner       founded 1817    alcohol content: 4.8%

Nick: I didn't like this beer, I guess that it grew it on me at the end. But overall I really wouldnt buy this beer again.
Lyle: I would not recommend this beer either, but it did indeed get better as I drank it.  I think this one grew on me a bit but I wouldn't buy it again if only because I don't want to have to get used to my beer, I just want to enjoy it immediately.
Alex: My favorite out of the three we tasted. You have to get used to it before you enjoy strong taste.

Franziskaner:  Hefeweizen    alcohol content: 5.0%

Nick: Tastes and smells just like corn, its just plain weird.
Lyle: So, this beer does smell like corn, I agree with Carson on that one, and it is quite an odd beer to drink, but overall this is the one that I enjoy drinking.  I couldn't drink more than a few of these though so I would say this beer would go well with a heavy dinner of steak or some other sort of red meat.
Alex: Smells like corn, and very odd taste. It was defintely a beer for a heavy dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment