Thursday, September 30, 2010

Week 4: Four Plus Brewing


So the entire reason we chose these beers (yes I admit to this) is due to packaging!  So thank you for whoever came up with this marketing technique since you convinced us to drink these beers!  I think overall that everyone liked these beers and that they were well worth the buy.  Alright so back to the beer itself and not the marketing!  We thought these were definitely an interesting buy.  All three of these were fruity in one way or another, Punk'n being obviously pumpkin, Monkshire being some sort of mild fruit and Wyld being somewhat of a tangerine beer.  These were very interesting beers that I would gladly consider more and I believe the other beers of this brand will be (if we can find 'em) considered in our next weeks of the (might I say awesome?) beer blog.

This week we chose a micro brew from Salt Lake City, Utah.
for more info:




MONKSHINE:     (belgian style pale ale)   alcohol content: 6.8%


Nick:  I'm really not sure what to think about this, it's definitely good. But I really like the fact that it's almost 7% alc.  Bitter, yet satisfying.


Alex: I love the taste of a well balanced pale ale beer. Monkshine has a smooth taste with the right amount of hops to execute an overall good beer. 

Lyle: This beer was delicious, I would drink this every week if I could.  It isn't really a pale ale if you ask me.  I would say this beer is quite satisfying, even though it is bitter, the taste is delicious.


PUNK'N:       (harvest pumpkin ale)   alcohol content: 4%


Nick: Not a fan, I couldn't finish it. I mean, I really don't like pumpkin, so I was skeptical at the least to try it. But to me it was just plain gross.


Alex:  First impression; pumpkin pie at thanksgiving! From the first sip, I have fallen in love with this beer. You can smell the pumpkin spice as soon as you pop open the bottle. Great beer!


Lyle:  Hell ya pumpkin beer that actually tastes like pumpkin!  Now when you drink this beer you will be tasting pumpkins all the way through Thanksgiving.  It is delicious and I would say anyone who likes a pumpkin pie to drink this avidly. 


WYLD:  (organic extra pale ale)    alcohol content: 4%


Nick:  I really enjoy this, initially it has a  sweet and citrusy overtone with a background of spices, and a nice bitter after taste. My favorite of the 3. It's interesting because it's an organic beer, which is something that I haven't heard of before. 


Alex:  I do not like this beer very much, this is due to its overbearing fruity taste. It is bearable, none the less, my least favorite of the trio. 


Lyle:  I enjoyed the beer, with my first impression being the smell is that of fruit.  I really enjoyed this beer, along with the other two that I've tried of this brand.  I would probably say, if only due to the fact that I really really enjoyed the others, that this is my least favorite of the three, but that isn't saying much since I also enjoyed this one quite a bit.

2 comments:

  1. You will pay for talking down the Punk'n! The Jack-O-Lantern Man will get ya!

    ReplyDelete